I am filled with excitement and gratitude as I bring you this Episode #13, a solocast. It is an opportunity for me to reflect on the milestone of completing the first twelve episodes I set out to record when I launched the podcast, the common themes and lessons I have found among them, and the ways in which my life has been enriched as a result.
I open with honesty about the challenge I had recording this solocast and how and why I decided to bring you an unedited second version, one in which I didn’t worry about flaws or strive for perfection.
I also share a dedication with you to a woman whose words have been an anchor for me the last few months, Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés. I let you in on some areas in my life where I am feeling challenged and how I carefully selected topics and guests in the extended season, another six episodes, to support me in these areas.
Finally, I let you know about a few ways you can lend your support, through spreading the news of the extended season utilizing my Thunderclap campaign or by helping me create the finale, calling in with your favorite moments and the ways in which they have impacted you.
In this episode I share:
- How coaching from Episode #9 guest Amber Lilyestrom and a visit to Dr. Angela Wu helped me record a second version of the solocast with more ease
- Highlights of a “Letter to a Young Activist” and other words from Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés, that have been an anchor for me
- The three P’s I have seen weave through all the podcast episodes, the Power of Perspective, the Power of Metaphor and the Power of Connection
- My desire to grow in how I approach money, become a better activist, nurture my creativity, and make quality time for my children… and how that influenced the next six episodes.
- Some background on the confirmed guests: Daily Worth CEO Amanda Steinberg, Karen Baker of California Volunteers, Paola Mendoza, Creative Director of the Women’s March, Danielle Dutton, author of Margaret the First and founder of the Dorothy Project, and my very own son, in honor of his milestone birthday.
- My plans for the season finale and how you can bring your perspective and voice to it
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Do Not Lose Heart; We were made For These Times by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés website – www.clarissapinkolaestes.com
- Focus on our Goodness: A Framework for my Activism Inspired by my Four-year Old posted on the Mother’s Quest blog in January 2017
- The She Podcasts Facebook Group
- Dr. Angela C. Wu’s Healing Center
- The First Season of the Mother’s Quest Podcast
- Ep 00: Planting Seeds for Mother’s Quest – An Introduction
- Ep 01: The Spiritual Mindset of Abundance with Navjit Kandola
- Ep 02: Unmasking Motherhood with Katherine Wintsch
- Ep 03: Cultivating a Healthy Family with Michelle Ratcliffe
- Ep 04: Taking Center Stage as a Go Girl! with Lynn Johnson and Allison Kenny
- Ep 05: Live your E.P.I.C. Life to Help Your Children Thrive
- Ep 06: Healthy and Happy with Dr. Elisa Song
- Ep 07: Living Out Loud with Jenjii Hysten
- Ep 08: Empathy, Acts of Kindness and Climbing Mountains with Erika Greff
- Ep 09: The Soul-Fueled Truth with Amber Lilyestrom
- Ep 10: Choosing Gratitude and Glitter with Nancy Netherland
- Ep 11: “Flawed” with Truth Bomb Mom Kristina Kuzmic
- Ep 12: Breaking Bread and Building Bridges with Saadia Ahmed
A big THANK YOU to our “patrons” for helping to bring these conversations to myself and other mothers through financial support:
- Caren and Debbie Lieberman
- Cameron Miranda
- Fran and David Lieberman
- Debbie and Alan Goore
- Jenise and Marianne of the Sustainable Living Podcast
As you know, I will be extending the season for six more episodes! And if you would be open to spreading the news of my extended season, sign-up today for my ThunderClap Campaign. With your help, the day the extended season launches on March 2nd, there can be a thunderous announcement on social media to help reach more moms with these conversations.
Still available for download is the Live Your E.P.I.C. Life Planning and Reflection Sheets to help us record our weekly intentions using the E.P.I.C. Framework and reflect at the end of each day on that one positive thing we want to focus on. You can get the free download at mothersquest.com/reflectionsheets.
Want to join the patrons above and help support more meaningful conversations such as these? Visit the Mother’s Quest Patreon Page to become a regular patron or visit this link www.mothersquest.com/be-a-supporter to make a one-time donation.
If you would like to “dedicate” an upcoming episode to a special mother in your life, email me at email@example.com
Mother’s Quest is a podcast for moms who are ready to live a truly E.P.I.C. life.
Join in for intimate conversations with a diverse group of inspiring mothers as they share how they are living an E.P.I.C. life, engaging mindfully with their children (E), passionately and purposefully making a difference beyond their family (P), investing in themselves (I), and connecting to a strong support network (C).
Join our community of mothers to light the way and sustain you on your quest at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mothersquest/
Subscribe to the Podcast! We are available in these channels: