Welcome to this introductory episode of the Mother’s Quest podcast. This solocast will give you a preview of what to expect in this twelve week season and reveal the stories behind Mother’s Quest E.P.I.C. framework, the podcast logo and the mantra that closes each show.
This solocast, and the podcast that it officially kicks off, is a birthday present to myself. This milestone birthday, on December 1st, 2016, and the reflective and transformative experiences in the months preceding it, inspired me to start my quest and this podcast.
For the first time in my life, I have the desire to create and share publicly something deeply personal; to use and share my voice; to commit to something I am calling my E.P.I.C. life; and to build a community to support me and other mothers along the way.
In the episodes that will follow, I interview other mothers to learn their words of wisdom. But this episode is an opportunity for me to use my own voice and share some lessons I’ve learned since the moment I decided to cross the threshold and begin living my E.P.I.C. life.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How attending a creative workshop hosted by Elizabeth Gilbert last year began a process of self-reflection and helped me to start dreaming
- The mission behind Mother’s Quest, and what it means to live an E.P.I.C. life.
- How two birds that got trapped inside my home became the metaphor that sparked my journey.
- Kids are always listening to what we say, to the “seeds” that we plant and nurture in them. And, we are in a reciprocal relationship with our children where we both learn and grow together.
- It’s the journey and not the destination that matters the most.
- Synopses of the first three episodes of the podcast
- The first season of the Mother’s Quest podcast is dedicated to my friend Leslie Fischer, who passed away last summer from pancreatic cancer. How the inspiration of her life crystallized a Mother’s Quest mantra that will close each episode.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- Theory of Change: http://www.mothersquest.com
- The late Wayne Dyer: drwaynedyer.com
- The Good Life Project podcast: http://www.goodlifeproject.com/radio/
- Jonathan Fields: jonathanfields.com
I would like to use this introductory episode as an opportunity to thank some of the key people, many of whom are also mothers on their own quest, who helped make this podcast possible.
The podcast production team at Radcasters (Karly, Jo and Neil) – http://www.radcasters.com
Mia Sutton, Podcast Coordinator
Priscila Najar, composer of the podcast music
The team at Flight Design Co. (Ariana, Katrina, Matt) who created the podcast art http://www.flightdesign.co/branding/
Paula Jenkins http://www.jumpstartyourjoy.com for a podcasting class that jumpstarted it all
Claire Frye of http://www.loudandclaire.com for the generous use of her studio and generous coaching
Jayleen Magill, Virtual Assistant
My first interviewees: Navjit Kandola, Katherine Wintsch, and Michelle Ratcliffe
Chris, Ryan and Jacob Neale, my family foundation
Fran and David Lieberman, my own extraordinary mother and father
And so many other dear family members, friends, coaches and more who provided inspiration and support all along the way.
Mother’s Quest is a podcast for moms who are ready to live a truly E.P.I.C. life.
Join in for intimate conversations with a diverse group of inspiring mothers as they share how they are living an E.P.I.C. life, engaging mindfully with their children (E), passionately and purposefully making a difference beyond their family (P), investing in themselves (I), and connecting to a strong support network (C).
Join our community of mothers to light the way and sustain you on your quest at www.facebook.com/groups/mothersquest
Subscribe to the Mother’s Quest Podcast