Welcome back to another Throwback Thursday episode!
Until now, I still can’t believe that my eldest son Ryan is graduating from High School! So for this Thursday, I really wanted to bring back this episode I did with him. We previously recorded this on his 13th birthday— another milestone we were celebrating back then.
This revisited version also includes the speech Ryan wrote at his middle school graduation; where we spoke so openly about his challenges with feelings of depression and anxiety during that time in his life. I hope that Ryan being so open about how he was feeling also inspires you or anyone you may share this with to speak up this mental health awareness month, as we continue to break the stigma around getting help.
So join me today as we honor Ryan in celebrating his graduation and moving on to the next chapter of his life in college!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Headstart, a special program for preschool-aged children from low-income communities that provides access to early childhood education
- The GATE Program (Gifted And Talented Education Program) national links and background information. Ryan participates in our local school district’s program.
- Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- Erik Newton, The Together Show
- Sports Illustrated Kid Reporter, a unique program Ryan has applied to which gives selected children ages 10 – 14 an opportunity to write and broadcast about sports
Full Episode Show Notes
Check out the full shownotes from the original episode here: Ep 18: YOLO (You Only Live Once) and other Milestone Reflections with Ryan Neale
Mother’s Quest is a podcast for moms who are ready to live a truly E.P.I.C. life.
Join in for intimate conversations with a diverse group of inspiring mothers as they share how they are living an E.P.I.C. life, Engaging mindfully with their children (E), Passionately and Purposefully making a difference beyond their family (P), Investing in themselves (I), and Connecting to a strong support network (C).
Join our community of mothers to light the way and sustain you on your quest at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mothersquest/