Ever wanted to create a manifesto, a personal declaration of how you want to live your life? In this new solocast on the podcast, I share my story of creating manifestos, more about what they are, the many different ways that we can express them, and an invitation for you to create your own!
In this Episode:
- The full circle moment with my two children this summer that reminded me of the power of having a manifesto.
- The meaning and origin of the word manifesto.
How I came to create my first manifesto through a course with Jonathan Fields of the Good Life Project Podcast.
- Five different suggestions for expressing a manifesto.
- A reading of my Becoming 50 Manifesto that I created through Book Spine Poetry.
This Episode’s Challenge:
Create your own manifesto. Share it with us in the Mother’s Quest Facebook Community, email it to email@example.com or tell someone special in your life. Declare it to others to make it real. If you’d like some support to move you through a reflective process to help you clarify your manifesto, we’ve created a self-guided Manifesto Challenge Course in Mother’s Quest MemberVault.
- Ep 00: Planting Seeds for Mother’s Quest – An Introduction
- Ep 63: A Maker’s Journey to a Good Life with Jonathan Fields
- Ep 61: Reclaiming Ourselves in Motherhood: Revisited with Graeme Seabrook
- Ep 89: Seeking Wonder and Mondo Beyondo Manifestos with Andrea Scher
- Manifesto Challenge Course – A 7-day self-guided experience that will move you through a series of reflective prompts to support you in creating or refining a “manifesto” of your own
My Becoming 50 Manifesto:
Child of the Moon
I Am My Mother’s Daughter
And also descended from
Women Who Run With Wolves
I choose to
Live Love Now
An Awakened Family
In myself, my Partner and my Children
Bird by Bird
Tapping the potential of my
I will build
By the Essence of Who I Am
And Who We Are
We Should All Be Millionaires
Materially and Metaphorically
Stress Free Prosperity
Tapping the Power of
Learning and living in a
I will remember we are always
You Were Born For This
You can purchase the books named in the Becoming 50 Manifesto here.