In 2015, when Mother’s Quest was still a dream in my heart, I heard an interview with an inspiring mother, Jadah Sellner, on the Good Life Project Podcast. She and her partner had co-created what became in a short time a viral phenomenon and seven figure flourishing business, called Simple Green Smoothies, built on a premise: add greens to a smoothie each day and see how it could spark change within.
From that moment forward, I found inspiration in Jadah’s journey and know that her quest planted seeds for me to pursue mine. I noticed that she led with heart and followed her dreams while staying committed to being present for her daughter. I learned from her as I watched her bring forward the Simple Green Smoothies book that became a best-seller, as she took to the TEDx stage integrating her spoken word poetry into her message, as she made the difficult decision to leave Simple Green Smoothies when she realized it was no longer fulfilling her, and when she pressed pause on her work to grieve and heal after a series of profound personal losses.
Today, as the founder of Jadah Sellner Media, Inc., and She Builds Collective and host of the Lead with Love Podcast, Jadah helps women build their businesses and their lives in a way that works for them—with love. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, daughter, and dog, Beesly. And this week, she culminated another journey that spanned years, that she allowed to slow cook in its own right timing, with the release of her new book published by Harper Collins, She Builds: The Anti-Hustle Guide to Grow Your Business and Nourish Your Life.
In this conversation, with each E.P.I.C. Guidepost we explore, Jadah shares with heart, humor, metaphor and tangible examples, how she brings an ease-filled, anti-hustle approach to engaging with her daughter, to pursuing her purposeful impact, to investing in herself and to building deep relationships, a practice she learned as an adult, when she changed childhood patterns and decided to bloom where she is planted.
Every chapter of Jadah’s new book and every EPIC guidepost exploration in this episode is an invitation for us to choose an intentional empowering and nurturing perspective for living our E.P.I.C. lives. If you’ve been seeking a more sustainable path, free from burnout and rooted in your well-being, I hope that Jadah’s book and this conversation help you claim a new way forward. Because as Jadah says, “Collectively we know that the hustle culture isn’t working for us. We build differently; we Build with L.O.V.E.”
About Jadah Sellner:
Jadah Sellner is a bestselling author, business coach, international keynote and TEDx speaker, poet, and host of Lead with Love podcast. She’s the coauthor of the bestselling book Simple Green Smoothies and has been featured in Forbes; O, The Oprah Magazine; and the Wall Street Journal.
As the founder of Jadah Sellner Media, Inc., and She Builds Collective, Jadah helps women build their businesses and their lives in a way that works for them—with love. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, daughter, and dog, Beesly.
Connect with Jadah:
- Website | jadahsellner.com/about/
- Facebook | www.facebook.com/jadahsellner/
- Twitter | @JadahSellner
- Instagram | @jadahsellner
- LinkedIn | www.linkedin.com/in/jadahsellner/
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The gift of pursuing her creativity that Jadah’s mother gave to her
- The moment when Jadah disrupted childhood patterns and decided to bloom where she was planted
- What Jadah is most on a quest for today…learning how to receive love as much as she gives
- Jadah’s suggestions for creating no-judgement spaces to help our children to open up and express themselves
- The slow cooker vs. pressure cooker analogy approach for how to detox from hustle culture in life and business
- Different approaches in different seasons of your life: pausing, pivoting, or accelerating push
- The importance of investing in yourself by gathering your support squad
- 5 minute suggestions for “state change” you can feel in your body
- Masterminds and how they help generate ideas and solutions from one person to another
- Simple practices to try when life starts to feel out of alignment
- She Builds: The Anti-Hustle Guide to Grow Your Business and Nourish Your Life www.amazon.com/She-Builds-Anti-Hustle-Business-Nourish-ebook/dp/B09RWWHXHD
- Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Feel Great in Your Body www.amazon.com/Simple-Green-Smoothies-Recipes-Weight/dp/1623366410
- Episode where I first heard Jadah on the Good Life Project Podcast. https://www.goodlifeproject.com/podcast/jadah-jen-simple-green-smoothies/
- The Mother’s Quest Manifesto Challege Self-Guided Course which links to a FB live recording Jadah shared in the Mother’s Quest Community.
This Episode’s Challenge:
Nurture your life by cultivating relationships. Jadah challenges you to 10 seconds of bravery. Find a way to connect with someone you want to go deeper with; send them a text or an audio message, invite them to a cafe or a walk, send them an email. Try letting someone know how they have impacted your life without expecting anything in return.
This Episode is dedicated by Jennifer Kem
Jennifer Kem is a San Francisco Bay Area-based brand building and leadership expert who gets entrepreneurs seen, heard, and paid for being themselves.
She’s the creator of the Master Brand Method: a framework to develop powerful brands that win customers’ hearts, which she uses in strategic consulting for emerging entrepreneurs, celebrity brands like Oprah Winfrey Network and Steve Harvey, and major corporations including Verizon, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Bank of Hawaii.
She is a successful owner of three multimillion-dollar businesses and the proud mother of three children.
Title: Brand Futurist and CEO of Master Brand Institute
Instagram: @jennifer.kem // https://www.instagram.com/jennifer.kem/
Gift from Jen for the Mother’s Quest Community
JenniferKem.com/MOTHERSQUEST – gives you full access to her signature Brand Archetype Assessment, a $250 value.
Mother’s Quest is a podcast and community for moms who are ready to live a truly E.P.I.C. life.
Join in for intimate conversations with a diverse group of inspiring mothers as they share how they are living an E.P.I.C. life, Engaging mindfully with their children (E), Passionately and Purposefully making a difference beyond their family (P), Investing in themselves (I), and Connecting to a strong support network (C).
Join our community of mothers to light the way and sustain you on your quest at www.facebook.com/groups/mothersquest